Saturday, July 4, 2015

Why We Teach

There are those moments in our lives that make us appreciate what we do.  I have to admit I was blown away by some feedback from my third grade students this year.  I know I mentioned what an amazing group of third graders I had this year, but they still went above and beyond in so many ways.  

I can't say enough about this feedback:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Killeen,

I am wholly lucky that I was in Mr. Killeen's wonderful sanctuary of a classroom for more than five minutes to drop off a piece of paper. Mr. K took me right out of my shell into the blinding spotlight of the center stage.

Mr. Killeen started the class off with quick writes/writing prompts, then Show-Me-Writing, next was figurative language and the class went directly off of the charts from there. I am on summer break and I actually long to waltz through his class again, the crisp scent of toasty Starbucks buzzing through my nose. Anyway, man, woman, or child, if you desire to become an astonishing author or you just want to find your words trek on over to Mr. Sean Killeen's and you could become the next John Green.

P.S. I wish you the best of luck publishing. I am going to give it a whirl myself. Thank you for everything. 

Sincerest,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





0 comments:

Post a Comment